Argon gas is a colorless, odorless, and inert gas that has been used by window manufacturers for years. Double-pane windows can be filled with argon gas to help insulate a room and minimize the transfer of heat through the window glass.
Argon helps improve the performance of glass, mainly in the following aspects:
1. There are some Insulated Glass Units that are air-only. The moisture content of oxygen makes these windows susceptible to condensation. Argon gas filled windows are a better option to avoid this.
2. Argon will reduce the pressure difference between the inner and outer part, protecting the glass from breaking spontaneously due to uneven pressure.
3. Injecting argon into double-pane windows will reduce the U value of glass, thus improving your energy efficiency and lower your home energy costs.
4. Argon, as an inert gas, is not as easily penetrable by sound as the air. Double-pane windows filled with argon gas have better acoustic performance.
5. When injected into oversized insulated glass, argon adds to its wind pressure resistant strength, making it stronger and safer.
6. Argon is stable, meaning it rarely reacts with other chemicals. It can well protect the coating of glass by delaying the oxidation process. As a result, the life span of glass will be lengthened.
Interested to know more, please feel free to contact us. Togen Building Products is always ready to serve your need!
Argon Makes the Glass Perform Better