About Togen Terracotta Panel
Terracotta has been one of the most beautiful and long-lasting building materials for centuries. It has recently been embraced as a natural and timeless medium for modern rainscreen and sunscreen design. A variety of panel lengths and heights can be utilized to create a modern, natural aesthetic.
The extrusion forming method is most usual for the production of a linear directional terracotta profiles in large volume. This method of production utilizes a large extruder to force the clay through a steel die, forming a hollow cored profile. The profiles are extruded into lengths longer than the finished size required to account for the shrinkage during drying and firing. They are cut to a finished dimension in our processing department after firing. Since terracotta is fired at temperatures that range between 1000℃ and 1200℃, thus it is non-biodegradable, non-combustible, strong and most durable building material with various benefits.
The Advantages of Terracotta Panel
2. Durable material - The color of Togen Terracotta Panel is non-faded with time going .The physical property of resistance to chemicals, anti-freeze & thaw, resistance to thermal shock, resistance to abrasion and scratch, and resistance to stain also contribute the durability of terracotta. And the maintenance cost is low because of its self-cleaning performance and open system without sealant.
3. Safe material - Togen Terracotta Panel is non-combustible cladding material with high breaking strength, rupture modular and low linear thermal expansion. It is non-radioactive material. Terracotta cladding system is suitable for high-rise building with good resistance to high earthquake degree and high wind load. Compared with stones, terracotta, often selected as the substitute of natural stone, is much lighter which significantly reduces the building load. With Togen’s reinforcement treatment, the terracotta has higher impact resistance performance.
4. Green material - Terracotta is environment friendly. Made of natural clay, Togen Terracotta Panel is non-radioactive, non-polluted, 100% recyclable and energy-saving. Due to its cavity structure, terracotta has low thermal conductivity, good thermal insulation performance and acoustic performance.
5. Easy Installation - Togen Terracotta panel is relatively light material with precise size which ease the installation. And its cladding system is mostly open system without sealant work.
6.Maintanence free - Terracotta, unlike metal cladding material, is electrostatic-free, so it is not easy to accumulate dust by nature. The terracotta product also has the self-cleaning property, and with its un-faded color, terracotta facade is maintenance-free.
7. Easy-replacement - We supply terracotta products with self-design replaceable installation system which eases installation and replacement when needed. Our installation systems have been proven convenient and effective in many of our projects.
Dimension of Togen Terracotta Rainscreen Facade Panels
Togen Standard Color
Togen offers terracotta panels with a wide range of custom and standard natural fired colors and colorful glazing. By adding specific components to the clay, Togen has managed to offer terracotta products with different shades of color. It has the characters of low consumption, no radiation, no pollution and non-faded feature. With good anti-UV capability, the color remains bright and vivid all the time.
Togen Textures & Finishes
Togen terracotta panels come with a great variety of different surface finishes, such as natural, groove, sandblasted, combed, brushed, stripy, matte glazing, glossy glazing, metallic glazing, cracking glazing and other customized finishes. Togen terracotta panels perfectly express architects’ design concepts and vividly show different facade styles and effects for different architectural styles.
China Architecture Design & Research Group (CADG) 1952. As the Central Design Company of China, CADG has always been providing professional technological and consultative service that promotes the development of building industry in China, consolidating its role as a leading design enterprise in the industry with its great influence, professional talents, advanced technological ability and high market share.
In 2011, CADG launched a construction plan of the Scientific Research Innovation Demonstration Center, which has been playing a role of office building since completed. Unlike the traditional office building, it is in possession of multiple functions to better integrate into the surrounding old areas of Beijing city and serve the local people. Café, reading corner, exhibition hall, meeting room, and small supermarket can all be found in Scientific Research Innovation Demonstration Center.
As for the façade design, Togen terracotta panels and baguettes are combined to form the building façade, achieving impressive aesthetic value. The architects used beige and orange terracotta panels and baguettes (vertical) to decorate the different building blocks in a layered manner. Through a good mixture of light and dark colors, the building facade renders a bright and vibrant tone. Each individual block of the building boasts its own characteristics, yet well-proportioned. On the other hand, the architect ingeniously left different margins between vertical terracotta baguettes, which has improved the artistic merit of the building while fulfilling the needs of excluding sunlight.